Captopril tablets from what? The medication is mainly used to relieve a hypertensive crisis, lowering blood pressure.
- renal hypertension;
- essential hypertension (rise in blood pressure of an unclear etiology);
- malignant hypertension (with resistance to other medicines).
- diabetic nephropathy in patients with diabetes mellitus (type 1);
- left ventricular dysfunction in patients who have had myocardial infarction and have reached a clinically stable state.
The tablets are intended for oral administration. The medicine quickly lowers blood pressure. Only your doctor can prescribe captopril tablets. Instructions for use in hypertensive crises: a 25 mg tablet is placed under the tongue, which provides a faster hypotensive effect. Instructions for use Captopril Akos with a renovascular form of hypertension: 12,5 mg three times a day. The effectiveness of the drug increases when taken on an empty stomach.
Treatment with Captopril Stad is recommended to start with small dosages: 6,25-12,5 mg twice a day, gradually increasing the dose depending on blood pressure.
How to take the medication for heart failure: three times a day, 12,5-25 mg. The maximum daily dosage is 150 mg.
At what pressure should I take captopril? The drug belongs to the group of “ambulance” medicines and is recommended for use in emergency cases, when, against the background of treatment according to the standard scheme, there was an increase in pressure to high numbers against the background of stress, physical exertion.
Many drugs are used in cardiological practice to treat cardiovascular diseases that are accompanied by an increase in blood pressure. One such remedy is Captopril Akos.
The drug effectively reduces blood pressure due to vasodilation and a decrease in the activity of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE).
What is Captopril Acos? This is a hypotensive agent from the group of ACE inhibitors. It is produced by the domestic pharmaceutical company Synthesis. The medicine is prescribed at elevated pressure against a background of various cardiological pathologies.
The drug is produced in the form of tablets that contain a different amount of the active ingredient – 12,5, 25 or 50 mg. Tablets are packed in plastic cell blisters of 10 pieces. In total, a cardboard box can contain 20 or 40 tablets.
This is a very cheap drug. The cost of the drug depends on the content of the active substance in 1 tablet and their amount in the package. So, for 20 pieces of 25 mg you need to give about 10 rubles, for 40 of the same tablets – from 18 to 23 rubles.
The composition of the drug contains the active component – captopril. This substance is classified as an ACE inhibitor (angiotensin-converting enzyme). It affects the body in 2 directions:
- Decreased amount of angiotensin in blood plasma. Such a substance is involved in the pathogenesis of arterial hypertension, since it has the ability to:
- reduce blood vessels, which leads to a narrowing of their lumen;
- increase the concentration of the hormone aldosterone, which negatively affects cardiac activity and increases the volume of blood flow;
- increases the synthesis of cytosines that destroy kidney and heart cells.
Due to a decrease in its concentration in the blood, a decrease in blood pressure and an improvement in blood supply to the heart and other organs are observed.
- Contributing to the accumulation of bradykinin, which dilates the walls of blood vessels.
ACE inhibitors also help with pressure by reducing the total resistance in the peripheral and pulmonary vessels.
Additionally, the composition includes formative substances – talc, lactose, magnesium stearate, starch and others. They perform an auxiliary function.
What are the beneficial properties of the drug? They are manifested by the following effects:
- lowering blood pressure;
- increase in minute blood volume and exercise tolerance;
- a decrease in hypertrophy of the heart muscle of the left ventricle, a slowdown in its dilatation;
- prevention of heart failure.
Also, the medicine is able to reduce the tone of the vessels of the renal structures. At the same time, there is an improvement in intrarenal circulation, the risk of developing diabetic nephropathy is reduced.
This medication has special indications. Among them:
- persistent increase in blood pressure (hypertension);
- symptoms of heart failure;
- cardiomyopathic pathologies;
- post-infarction state (when the functioning of the left ventricle worsens);
- diabetic nephropathy or its prevention in patients with diabetes mellitus or renal failure.
The medicine can be used alone or as part of combination therapy (for example, with chronic heart failure).
In some conditions, taking the drug is not recommended. Contraindications to its use are:
- individual intolerance of components;
- the presence of autoimmune diseases (scleroderma);
- angioedema (especially if it has developed after taking any ACE inhibitor);
- narrowing of the lumen of the aorta, renal arteries;
- disorders in the process of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- cardiovascular or cerebrovascular pathologies;
- severe digestive upsets;
- the period of bearing a child;
- lactation period.
With extreme caution, they prescribe the medicine for the elderly, children until they reach adulthood, and also after surgery, which provoked the development of hypotension.
The drug should be taken orally before meals. In this case, the tablets are swallowed whole, washed down with water. Also, the instructions for use recommend that the dosage be observed depending on the pathology:
- With hypertension, about 50 mg per day should be taken (2 times 25 mg each). If necessary, the dose is increased to 75 or 100 mg.
- The initial dose in a post-infarction state or in the presence of heart failure is 6,5 or 12,5 mg three times a day. Further, the dosage is increased by titration.
Maximum per day, you can take no more than 150 mg of the drug. If diuretics are prescribed together with Captopril, dose adjustment in the direction of reduction is required.
In some cases, patients after taking the medication develop negative reactions. As a rule, the following side effects are observed:
- headache, dizziness, tinnitus;
- fatigue, drowsiness, weakness, asthenia;
- sharp decrease in blood pressure (in case of overdose or combination with other antihypertensive drugs);
- bouts of tachycardia;
- problems with blood formation;
- disorders of the digestive system, which are manifested by attacks of nausea and vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, deterioration in taste, dry mouth;
- deterioration of the liver (cholestasis, pancreatitis);
- electrolyte imbalance (hyperkalemia, hyponatremia);
- allergic reactions (redness, itching, burning, rash in the form of urticaria, Quincke’s edema);
- the appearance of dry cough, bronchospasm;
To avoid such reactions, the dosage should be observed. In the case of taking high doses of the drug, a sharp decrease in blood pressure to critical levels is observed. In this case, cerebrovascular accident, thromboembolism, cardiac arrest and collapse may develop. Such pathological conditions are often fatal.
Also, you should not use Captopril with certain medications – potassium-sparing drugs, lithium preparations, other ACE inhibitors and hypoglycemic drugs.
There are many analogues of Captopril Akos. Closest to it are structural analogues – agents that contain the same active substance – captopril. Most often used:
- Systopril and many others.
Other ACE inhibitor analogs are also used. They are used for intolerance to the active component or other substances that make up the drug.
Gennady Romanovich, cardiologist: “There is simply no better medicine to quickly get rid of hypertension. Moreover, it is a domestic drug, therefore it is always available in pharmacies, but it costs a penny. ”
Sofia Leonidovna, cardiologist: “I always say – the simpler the better. No need to look for imported drugs, ours are also very effective. My patients do not complain about Captopril. ”
Vadim, 39 years old: “I have had high blood pressure for a long time. What I just didn’t accept was expensive foreign funds and domestic ones. The result was not always pleasing. Just recently, the attending physician advised Captopril. At first I showed skepticism – a penny medicine will not help me. But still I tried for the sake of interest.
It helped! After a couple of weeks, I felt much better. I definitely recommend it. ”Oleg Ivanovich, 68 years old:“ A good remedy for pressure. I take it alternately with diuretics. Well-being is excellent. ”Valentine, 46 years old:“ Recently I just tried Captopril. The doctor recommended.
Everything seems to be good, it helps. But sometimes there are bouts of nausea, dizzy. Maybe it’s not suitable for me personally. ”
Captopril Akos is a drug from the group of ACE inhibitors. Such drugs are considered antihypertensive, that is, able to reduce high blood pressure.
It is also prescribed for various cardiological pathologies.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding are a direct contraindication to the use of Captopril Akos. If pregnancy is diagnosed during therapy with the described drug, you should immediately stop taking it.
The active component is able to penetrate the mother’s breast milk, so if it becomes necessary to use the medicine in a particular woman, breast-feeding is stopped.
An indication for the appointment of the drug may be systolic pressure of 140 mm Hg. in people who, with these indicators, experience symptoms of a hypertensive crisis.