High blood pressure indicates the development of vascular pathology and is very common in people of a fairly young working age. In the early stages of the development of the disease, certain exercises for hypertension can achieve a good therapeutic result. They are recommended to be followed in conjunction with general and dietary recommendations.
Why does blood pressure rise
The blood flow in the vessels is provided due to the pressure difference between arteries and veins, which is provided due to the pumping function of the heart. Allocated systolic (at the time of contraction of the heart or systole) and diastolic (at the time of relaxation or diastole) blood pressure. An increase in the indicator (arterial hypertension) is a polyetiological pathological condition that develops under the influence of various provoking factors:
- Physical inactivity – low physical activity and lack of physical activity are the main cause of arterial hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Poor diet with a high content of animal fats in the diet. Arterial hypertension develops against the background of prolonged intake of fatty fried foods.
- The systematic intake of alcohol and smoking, which lead to damage to the inner layer of the vessel wall.
- Long-term chronic stress – negative emotions lead to spasm (narrowing) of the arteries.
- Hereditary predisposition, which determines certain features of the regulation of the level of pressure at the genetic level.
All provoking factors do not lead to the development of hypertension immediately, but over a sufficiently long period, which can last for years.
Advice! Arterial hypertension is a disease that can be prevented through lifestyle modification.
How is the treatment carried out
Treatment for high blood pressure is always complex. It includes several main areas of therapeutic measures, which include:
- A lifestyle modification that includes sufficient physical activity to prevent and treat early disease. Lifestyle modification includes physical education.
- Implementation of dietary recommendations, including restriction of animal fats, refusal of systematic intake of alcohol, increasing the content of plant foods in the diet.
- Drug therapy – drugs are prescribed that belong to the antihypertensive clinical and pharmacological group (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, beta-blockers).
The effectiveness of the measures taken is assessed while monitoring the level of systemic blood pressure. Therapeutic results are considered to be achieved when the indicator is normalized for a long period of time at least 1 week.
Physiotherapy (exercise therapy) is used for the complex treatment of a significant number of diseases, including hypertension (a pathology accompanied by a prolonged increase in the level of systemic blood pressure). On the background of performing certain physical exercises with a dosed load, it is possible to achieve a positive result, which is realized due to several mechanisms:
- Improvement of oxygenation (oxygen saturation) of tissues during breathing exercises.
- A beneficial effect on the part of the nervous system that is responsible for the regulation of the tone of the arterial vessels.
- Normalization of the heart rate, while the amplitude becomes larger.
- The production in the synapses of the central nervous system of neurotransmitters responsible for “getting pleasure” (“hormones of happiness”). An increase in the number of such neurotransmitters leads to a decrease in the severity of the stress state, which is one of the provoking factors of hypertension.
The beneficial effect of the dosed load allows not only to successfully fight arterial hypertension, but also to improve overall well-being and improve the quality of human life.
Detonic – a unique medicine that helps fight hypertension at all stages of its development.
The complex effect of plant components of the drug Detonic on the walls of blood vessels and the autonomic nervous system contribute to a rapid decrease in blood pressure. In addition, this drug prevents the development of atherosclerosis, thanks to the unique components that are involved in the synthesis of lecithin, an amino acid that regulates cholesterol metabolism and prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Detonic not addictive and withdrawal syndrome, since all components of the product are natural.
Detailed information about Detonic is located on the manufacturer’s page.
General recommendations of exercise therapy
Performing various exercises is primarily a therapeutic measure, therefore, to achieve the desired effect, several fundamental recommendations should be followed:
- Exercise is best done a few hours after eating.
- After physical training, it is not recommended to take a bath, a light shower without the use of detergents is enough.
- Between sets of exercises, you should take short breaks of about 1 minute.
- The room in which it is planned to perform gymnastic exercises should be well ventilated, and the air temperature should not exceed + 18 ° C.
- The effectiveness of physiotherapy exercises increases with the simultaneous implementation of other measures to modify the lifestyle, in particular the implementation of dietary recommendations.
- Hypertension is a pathological process, which is divided into 3 degrees of severity, therefore, for each of them, the appropriate therapeutic exercises are selected. Exercise selection should be done in conjunction with your doctor.
In case of a sharp deterioration in the condition during exercise therapy, the exercise should be stopped, and if necessary, consult a medical specialist.
Exercise at grade 1
At the first degree, changes in the arterial vessels and the heart are minimal, therefore, the timely initiation of treatment makes it possible to avoid the progression of pathology. Specific therapeutic exercises include:
- Walking slowly for 5 minutes. It is recommended to change the direction and pace of walking, small breaks are allowed.
- A deep breath, which is performed in a sitting position, with the hands at the same time should be placed at the level of the chest. During inhalation, the elbows should be pulled back. During exhalation, the person leans forward and tries to reach the feet. The exercise is repeated several (up to 4-5) times.
- Sitting on a chair, you should lean on your hands, raise your legs in front of you and perform rotational movements with them, similar to riding a bicycle. The exercise is quite difficult, it can be done with breaks, the duration of the exercise should not exceed 3 minutes.
- In a standing position during inhalation, it is necessary to turn the body to the side, and during exhalation, return to the starting position. You need to repeat it several times.
All exercises are best done before lunch. Results can usually be felt within a relatively short period of time. Exercise is important to combine with diet and rejection of bad habits.
Exercise at grade 2
Against the background of a more severe 2nd degree of hypertension, treatment with the inclusion of antihypertensive drugs may be required. A set of exercises can reduce the likelihood of complications, as well as reduce the dosage and amount of drugs taken:
- Lying on your back, during inhalation, the legs should be brought to the buttocks, and the fingers should be clenched into fists, during exhalation – straightened and relaxed for a few seconds. The exercise is repeated up to 5 times.
- Lying on your back, while inhaling, you should strain the leg muscles and rest your heels on the floor, while exhaling, completely relax. Repeat several times.
- Alternate lifting of the right and left legs up from a supine position with the implementation of rotational movements in the hip joint. For each leg, you should do about 5 approaches.
After completing a set of exercises, it is important to control your blood pressure level. If it remains slightly elevated, it is recommended to rest a little.
Nerve trunks, carotid and vertebral arteries pass in the neck. Exercises that affect the muscles in the cervical region can help lower blood pressure levels:
- Metronome – tilting the head to the right and left shoulder.
- Spring – tilt your head down until you feel tension in the muscles, wait about a minute, and then try to reach your chest with your chin.
- Looking into the sky – turning the head sideways and upward at the same time, after which you should stay in this position for half a minute.
The positive thing about neck exercises is the ability to do them almost anywhere (at work). They make it possible to fight cervical osteochondrosis.
Yoga for arterial hypertension
Hatha yoga is an oriental complex that lowers the level of systemic blood pressure, which includes the following exercise:
- Starting position – lying on your back, it is recommended to put a pillow under your head.
- After resting for a few minutes, try to extend the toes and hands as far as possible away from the head.
- On exhalation, the body must be relaxed as much as possible.
The exercises are repeated several times. The total duration should not be less than 5 minutes. As the condition improves, a total time of yoga classes is allowed.
Limiting stress, giving up bad habits, getting enough sleep, eating plant-based foods, and exercising in the morning significantly reduce the risk of developing hypertension. Exercise for hypertension in the initial stages makes it possible to normalize blood pressure.